We’re a month into the new year now, and this is the perfect time to take a quick look at how we’re doing with all those resolutions we set last month.
If you’ve taken a tumble off the wagon, that’s okay! Don’t beat yourself up. Just hop back on and get moving again.
Remember, your goals need the following five traits if you want to succeed—and keep on succeeding!
- Don’t just “get in shape.” Pick a specific diet or plan to do that.
- If you want to lose weight, make sure you set a target amount.
- In other words, you’re not trying to achieve someone else’s goal for you.
- Time-limited. Your goal needs a deadline.
- When you write down your goal, something “clicks” inside you and you feel more accountable for accomplishing it.
Here’s what I want you to understand about achieving your goals: It never goes perfectly.
You’re going to come across obstacles and bumps in the road. That’s just part of the deal. But it’s all about how you respond.
So whether you’re still going strong, you’re barely hanging on, or you fell off the wagon in the first week, take some time today to check in on your goals and start fresh if needed.
February is your new January now. Treat this month like it’s the new year!