Some of the best memories I have with my family are at the dinner table. The Ramsey family loves food, and that food always sparks great conversation!
Today, I wanted to share two of our favorite recipes with you. Cilantro-lime chicken, followed up by no-bake chocolate, peanut butter cookies is an amazing way to have dinner at home.
Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Pico
4 (6-ounce) chicken breasts halves
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
Store-bought pico de gallo
1 large avocado
• Combine cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and chicken in a large bowl.
• Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray.
• Add chicken and cook for six minutes on each side (or until done).
• Cut large avocado into chunks. Gently stir into store-bought pico de gallo.
• Serve over chicken.
No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies
3 1/2 cups dry quick-cooking oats, divided
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 stick butter, cut into pieces
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa
• Place several sheets of wax paper on a flat surface.
• Set aside 3 cups of oats, the peanut butter and vanilla in a heatproof bowl.
• Place the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa in a small saucepan. Stir.
• Turn the heat on high, then bring the mixture to a full boil, letting it boil for 90 seconds.
• Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter and oats.
• Use a large wooden spoon and quickly stir everything together. If the mixture is runny, use the other half-cup of oats.
• Use a small ice cream scoop (or two spoons will do the trick, too) to scoop the mixture and drop onto the wax paper.
• Let the cookies cool until set.