Spring is in the air. Can you feel it?
Before you know it, spring break will be here and you (or your kids) will be heading south, or at least taking a little time to relax.
So what are some ways you can save a little money on your spring break trip? I’ve put together a few ideas.
- Make a budget. Of course you need a budget. If you want to take control of your money, budget. That’s your plan, and that’s how you hold yourself accountable!
Related: How to do a Budget With EveryDollar
- It’s okay to say no. If it’s not in the budget, then it’s not in the budget! You might not be able to eat out every single night, and that’s okay. Buy a bunch of burgers and grill out. Get creative!
- Don’t compare your trip to everyone else’s. If you’re going to Florida and a Facebook friend is going to the Bahamas, then be happy for them. Don’t let social media envy get the best of you. Be content with what you have and where you are.
- This vacation might not be your dream vacation. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Enjoy the time away and start planning your dream vacation when the budget allows for that.
- Flying may be cheaper than driving. You’ll never know until you do a little research. Just don’t assume that driving, with the related gas costs, will be cheaper. And, remember, time is money too!
- Don’t forget the essentials! A cute sun hat and sunglasses are perfect accessories to any spring outfit. Be sure to look for budget-friendly options just in case they get lost on the trip. Hey, it happens! It’s also time to stock up on sunscreen and moisturizers with SPF so you don’t ruin your fun with a nasty sunburn!
- Keep track of your spending. This is the only real way to make sure you stay on budget. It’s also a great way to pace your spending to make sure you’re not eating rice and beans at the end of the week.
Go have fun. Enjoy your spring break, whether you’re going solo, with friends, or as a family. Just like any vacation, the best spring breaks are the ones you don’t take home!